Friday, November 27, 2009

1vs100 fiasco 11/27/09 - or was it?

Those that know me, understand how much of a hardcore fan I am of 1vs100 on XBL. - Even surgery can't keep me away.

Alas, when trying to play the LIVE game this evening, I ran into quite a bit of network errors.  I tweeted this to 1vs100 and another contact, and within minutes they're replying wanting to know more info as to the problem.

I begin a series of tweets explaining the errors and issues and I even get direct messages and requests to contact yet another individual for further help.

This person contacts Xbox Network Ops center to verify my fiber connection in S.TX/Texas et al.  I heave a sigh of relief knowing the problem didn't appear to come from my end.  Afterall, I would of felt quite the idiot tweeting the issues I was having if their origin was here. Alas, it appears the problem may be closer to XboxLand and they'll know more Monday.

I write this because I've heralded Xbox and especially those running 1vs100 previously on being nearly transparent with their players.  It's a breath of fresh air to have near direct contact with the team - whether it be for game suggestions, comments, complaints and as the case was tonight, when *1* person out of what I would guess were thousands playing, is having a technical problem.

The game, and its premise is unique and quite entertaining, but, in the end, it's the people behind the scenes that really make that game shine!  Tonight, I felt like "The One." - Individuals MADE THE TIME to try to figure out what's going on with some S. Texan's connection problems while a LIVE game was on? Mercy.

The game rocks, yes.  But the people behind it, and their genuine display of concern for the players pushes the envelope of game company and players/fans.

Thanksgiving was yesterday, and many of my thanks were directed to the 1vs100 team.  Their actions tonight further quantifies my loyalty and trust in them.

To those that tried helping me earlier this evening - A deep and heartfelt THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment