Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LA Vacation - Day 1

I awoke, and was excited, nervous and anxious all rolled into one!

No problems when I arrived at airport security, and before long I was sitting on the plane making my way to DFW - my first stop before LAX.

Very nice, smooth flight and 1st class service was ... interesting.

DFW > LAX
Once at DFW, I couldn't wait to get on the plane. A bigger plane this time and more goodies awaited. During the flight, I was surprised to have the flight attendant not only ask for a drink order, but what I would like for dinner. I've heard people talking about how bad airline food can be, but I can't complaint. Cheese pasta with meat sauce, salad with grapes and pecans, a small dish of shrimp with a cup of marinara, warm sourdough (or wheat) rolls and your beverage of choice. For dessert? A nice, warn brownie with vanilla ice cream!

Finally at LAX, I proceeded to the baggage claim an saw that my luggage was first to appear. After getting directions on how to take the shuttle to my rental car location, I was on my way.

Once in my rental vehicle, I was a bit nervous - as I'm used to driving in a city of 100,000, not millions! My flight was delayed, so it was night now and I still had to drive to my hotel.

Before long, I was in 5 lane street, going through tunnels and a myriad of road signs. However, my trusty Google Navigation was keeping me on the right track. I breathed a sigh of relief when I arrived and checked in at the hotel.

I remember that night thinking to myself that I just drove in a foreign city - at night - my fear tossed aside. It was clear, there was nothing to it, and whatever FWY traveling I had to do was going to be easier from now on.

I settled in, and after a 7 hour trip - tiredness took its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment