Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LA Vacation - Day 3

Nerve-wrecked would be the best way to describe how I felt as soon as I woke up. Yes, again, I'm opening my eyes at around 7am.

I'm WAAAAY too nervous to eat breakfast today as I'm gearing up to meet:
Mckenzie Westmore - Host of Syfy's FaceOff. Dwight D. Smith, Michael Agbabian & Derek Atherton from the awesome Mission Control Media production company. Robyn Wilson & Jarrid Masse cast of Marcel's Quantum Kitchen.

Lunch was at 12:30p in Hollywood and I didn't want to be late! I take off like 2 hours before our meeting, and that gave me plenty of time to navigate traffic, enjoy a nice cruise on Sunset Blvd and find some parking.

I arrive at the restaurant at around 12:20p. The waitress invites me to sit down and offers me some water while I wait for the rest of my party. I guess she noticed I was nervous and said "Hey, don't worry - whatever it is, it'll be fine. Instead of water, would you like a stiff drink?" LOL - that broke the ice a little.

As I kind of figure, punctual and precise... McKenzie walks in the door! My heart raced and broken ice from earlier froze immediately! Such a sweetheart though! She sees me and I get up and immediately gives me a hug!

She welcomes me to LA, and asks how my trip is going so far. Right about this, Jarrid and Robyn make their way in. We all introduce ourselves, and the best thing? Mckenzie, Jarrid and Robyn had never met before. So, I was witness to new friendships! AWESOME!

As we're decided whether or not to wait in the lobby or at our table for Mission Control, they walk in. Understand, 7 months ago, I didn't know MCM, Dwight, Michael or Derek. Now, I can't imagine a day without some sort of interaction with them! Let's just say, these guys are complete gentlemen! Kind, genuine and clearly gave me the impression this wasn't "just another lunch!" Dwight didn't waste time to say they brought a MQK Tshirt and I was pleasantly shocked they would even think to offer it.

The lunch meeting was a BLAST! I spent quite a bit of time speaking with Michael as we struck up a conversation. Sitting next to Robyn proved a bit difficult - I mean, how can one eat when you're next to such a beautiful lady! I wish there was a way I could slow down time - the meeting was surreal and I wish it would not end! I could spend hours talking to these people. They were clearly inviting and approachable!

I exchanged some modest gifts with them, took some pictures, and they were nice to do some autographs. I said this day was going to be awesome - and it was!

BTW: During this lunch, Jack Black arrived and sat in the table/booth next to us. Any other day, I would of been gawk-eyed - but, today, I was with people I admire and Jack Black can wait. =)

As the lunch drew to a close, the awesome Robyn and Jarrid offered for me to meet Marcel as he was nearby. I'll skip the details about getting lost, but suffice to say, they were troopers for waiting for me while I made my way to where the taco truck was!

Yes, I said, TACO TRUCK. Sure enough, there was Marcel and he's exactly as you see him on the show. We were introduced, and immediately he offered some tacos. We talked a bit, discussed MQK and unfortunately, time was running out. We all shook hands, Robyn was nice to take a few pictures, and we all went on our way.

I can't begin to describe how awesome this day was! Everyone taking time out of their schedules to meet was wonderful. For those that know of Mission Control Media - they are exactly what you think they would be. No bullshit - down-to-earth, kind, and you feel the genius energy when you talk with them! Saying that being in their company is an inspiration is an understatement!

Thank you, Mission Control Media, Dwight, Michael, Derek, Mckenzie, Robyn, and Jarrid for making that day one I will never forget!

Day 4 and 5 will be posted later - some interesting things here and there, but nothing compared to what I just wrote - so, those entries can wait a bit. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment