Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LA Vacation - Day 2 - Part II

Ok, here it was. Time to hit the 405, 105, 110, and whatever other FWYs needed to get to where America's Got Talent is taped. I was completely blown away by how courteous the drivers are in LA. Sure, you'll come across a few asshats, but, overall, it was a pleasant drive. I think I had more traffic trouble on the street to get to "The Grove" in Hollywood, than the freeways themselves.

I remember tweeting being lost at The Grove and loving it - and those words weren't a lie! What a beautiful open-air shopping area with awesome open-air restaurants which served anything your heart desires! I would of loved to have gotten even more lost, but, I needed to make my way to AGT.

Time passes, and I'm finally being lead into the studio. The nice crew from Mission Control Media set this up for me, and I was seated in Section A (from the stage looking out, right hand, lower side). What a beautiful studio, and it was exciting. Meanwhile, Cory, the guy that keeps the audience occupied before and during the show was trying to get us energized! He did a great job, and I guess I did as well. At one point, he's on the AGT stage and points at me, asking me to join him.

I'm a fairly reserved guy at first, and now staring at an audience with all their eyes on me - while doing "dance moves" was definitely overwhelming! Cory directs me to do some dance moves and I follow through. I kicked ass doing the "Cowboy" - hello? I'm from Texas, Cory. =)

Finally, he asks for me to shake my booty where I instantly stop and go "uhhh.. no." However, I forgot I was not in charge here. Cory, picked up the mic and asked the audience if they wanted me to shake it - and well you know what they said. Of course, I couldn't go against the audience, and I started doing it. Embarrassed as hell, the audience cheered, and applauded offering support. Those couple of minutes felt like an eternity - and frankly, looking back, what a HELL of a time I had!

As expected, the show taping was phenomenal. I was about 10 or feet from the AGT judges - my favorite being Howie Mandel.

The show taping ends, and it was time for us to leave. As I make my way to my vehicle, the "audience" recognizes me amongst the crowd and offer their compliments on my "performance."

So glad, I don't live in LA!

This was obviously an awesome day! But, it's about to get even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment