Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LA Vacation - Day 2 - Part I

This was weird. I woke up at 6:55am! This is nearly unheard of for me considering I'm not a morning person. Obviously the time zone change was working in my favor, plus the excitement of being in a new city most probably contributed.

I got dressed, and arrived downstairs to eat breakfast. Now, Embassy Suites LAX South offers cook-to-order breakfast and it's quite popular. There were people everywhere enjoying their first meal of the day. So many people, I had to find an alternate location to eat - which in this case was a bench near the entrance to "breakfastland."

I'm about to start eating, and the hotel manager approaches. He immediately offered me a booth in the closed dining room area to enjoy my breakfast. I was in a semi-darken, quieter area - chomping down breakfast while catching up to the day's news, facebook and twitter feeds. I felt like a VIP but without the entourage.

Next up? Venice Beach! On my way there, my mouth drooled as I passed the "Electronic Arts" building. And when I finally arrived, I was taken back by the awesome air temperature! It was likely 70F and a bit foggy. Beautiful!

I was fully prepared for this impromptu trip. With jeans and tennis shoes, I stepped onto the sand. =) And, it wasn't long before my feet met the Pacific ocean - shoes removed of course.

Having a great time, I had to make my way back to the hotel to get ready as later in the day, I was going to be an audience member for America's Got Talent!


No comments:

Post a Comment