Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LA vacation - Preps

Alas, had some time coming and at first decided I'd stick around home and relax. However, for the longest time, I had wanted to visit Los Angeles & things just starting meshing.

For one, being a big fan of #FaceOff & Marcel's Quantum Kitchen which is produced by Mission Control Media I thought I'd ask them if they offered a tour of their production facility. Now, I had been in frequent contact with MCM via twitter and facebook so we got to know each other well over time.

I was elated when they offered an opportunity for a lunch meeting! Texas meets LA! Couldn't turn this down.

Things couldn't have been scripted better
This being early July, and my trip not until early August, I started preparing, checking flights, hotels etc. Things were just falling into place as though in a carefully written script! Having had a work-related accident earlier in the year which could of easily have been life threatening, I decided that I needed to live life to the fullest! I was full-filling a childhood dream in visiting LA, and that you just never know what the future holds.

Alas, this trip was an event of "firsts." I had never flown 1st class, and with the airline offering a reasonable "upgrade", I went with it. I had also been pricing car rentals, and as soon as I made my flight reservation, I decided to check car rentals via the airline reservation page and found a great deal - better than what I had seen so far.

I waited on the hotel reservation, knowing that as time passed by, the rates would go up. Nope. When the time came, I found the rate had actually gone down - another win!

Finally, a few days before my flight, Tropical Storm Don wanted to make a visit. On the day of its arrival, it fizzled. This was obviously a trip that was meant to be.

Alas, excited, the day before my flight, I packed and got a good night's rest as I knew tomorrow was the beginning of an exciting trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment